Just For Kids exists to change those numbers and lead the fight against the cycle of child abuse through a stronger, more approachable model. And over the past year, we’ve made significant progress by providing 446 forensic interviews, 13 medical exams, and therapy to 106 children in our community.
2018 BY THE NUMBERS
Who We Serve
- 91% of victims knew their abuser. Abuse is a crime of secrecy.
- 63% of cases reported were sexual abuse
How Many Served Since 2002
- Just For Kids served 4,500 children since 2002.
- Just For Kids is seeing 33% more cases than in 2017. Because our model works, more children are coming to Just For Kids.
What Caregivers Are Saying
- Our caregivers agreed that their child/children felt safe at Just For Kids Child Advocacy Center.
- If they knew anyone else with a situation like their family was facing, they would tell that person about Just For Kids.
How This Benefits Our Community
- The CAC model saved taxpayers in our community $302,583.00 in investigative expenses this year.
- If the CAC hadn’t intervened, the estimated lifetime costs of abuse for the children we served last year would have been $ 21,421,224.00.
Help Us Help Children Heal.
In order to continue helping children in our community begin their path to healing from abuse, we need your help.
Every dollar you donate will go directly back to supporting children here in our local community — helping promote justice for them, connecting them to healing services, and ending the cycle of abuse.